Saturday 1 December 2012

Kumaram for Kekoo...


The gathering at Kumaram, Worli Sea Face in remembrance of Kekoo Gandhy was a very touching moment for me. Especially seeing him again in the video footage that was compiled to showcase his young life reminded me all the small talks I had with this old man, who died young at the age of 92.

At the very same gathering it was good to see my old friends Sachin, and Nikhil along with Saurabh. After the get-together we four Jawaan spent some time chatting at the promenade right in front of Kumaram to catch up on the good old times we shared.

After a few photos we boarded a cab to the Eliphinstone station, the ride was small and the cab was smaller (Maruti Alto). All the Hunks sat behind and the lone Hulk sat in the front seat where the cab-driver was bit apprehensive to let him have a seat; after all he was finding it very difficult to shift gears. Somehow we laughed and the cab-driver managed to maneuver the vehicle.

The spot where the cab left us was very picturesque for many reason. On the right we could see the endless horizon over the sea and on the left was a building, which had colorful lights in every window. 

Reaching home, I realize that I need to meet everybody once again, whom I have met so far in the course of my journey. 

I will do that soon...

3 comments:

  1. "....I realize that I need to meet everybody once again, whom I have met so far in the course of my journey....." thank you for reminding... gotta do that soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life is very short, meet people who matter to you as well as those who doesn't matter to you anymore. You never know what change can initiate if you get in touch with the latter.

      B-)

      Delete
  2. yeah.. like they say-- the most profound conversations happen at the most unexpected places and with the ones, we have almost forgotten...

    ReplyDelete